Looking for school holiday specials?
Watch this space for Blue Mountains accommodation deals!
The Blue Mountains is a wonderful place for the family to visit during the school holidays! The Blue Mountains region not only offer numerous family activities including many scenic sites that the family will enjoy but also has a variety of accommodation options.
These school holidays make our family friendly Blue Mountains accommodation your perfect base for the exciting activities and scenic locations available in the Blue Mountains.
Let’s see what is in waiting for you and your family:
- Scenic World – A winning attraction and experience for your family. Take the Scenic Skyway down and across the valley to appreciate the beauty of the Blue Mountains. Walk along the boardwalk to see the forest below up close. At the end of the boardwalk take a thrilling ride on the Scenic Railway back to the top.
- Blue Mountains Adventure Company – If you enjoy adventure sports like abseiling, rock climbing, canyoning, bushwalking and navigation then the experienced staff at Blue Mountains Adventure Company are only to happy to take you on your next adventure. www.bmac.com.au
- Jenolan Caves – Explore what is considered to be one of the world’s finest and oldest cave systems in Australia. Guided tours at child and family rates are available for the 10 spectacular caves that allow for all ages and fitness levels. For those seeking more thrills try their challenging Adventure caving, ghost tours or night tours.
- Horse Riding at Megalong Valley – Horse riding here is special with spectacular scenery and vistas of cliffs and gullies. Riding treks along ridges and through forested glens, make this a memorable family experience that is far more than a mere horse ride.
- Toy & Railway Museum – The museum is housed in the historic home, Leuralla. It is one of the oldest Blue Mountains heritage listed homes set in 12 acres of beautiful gardens. The museum houses a unique collection of toys and trains including pre and post-war dolls, teddy bears, lead figures, comics, books, tinplate trains, aeroplanes, automobiles and working model railway sets, including a Matterhorn railway garden. It also has the biggest Barbie Doll display in Australia.
- Blue Mountains Trolley Tour – Hop on the red trolley bus with stops at 29 different locations including Leuralla, Leura Mall, Echo Point, the main street of Katoomba, Scenic World, Leura Cascades and the Everglades Garden.
- Valley Heights Locomotive Depot Heritage Museum – This museum houses a collection of historic railway and tramway locomotives. The family can have fun with the interactive exhibits of engines and carriages while viewing railway memorabilia. Take a ride back in time with a restored historic Sydney steam tram, see the Model Railway and explore the oldest remaining steam locomotive Roundhouse in New South Wales.
- Hikes – Why not go hiking with your family? Blue Mountains is certainly a wonderful place for the experience. The Blue Mountains is teeming with bird life and sweeping scenes of cliffs, valleys and mountain ranges.